Get Windows 7 like windows 8 classic start menu using software start 8. Microsoft released Windows 8 preview and decided to remove classic start menu from 8. Some of the windows users disappointed from this new change in 8 similarly some like new decision. This new decision created many discussion in the tech world. Since windows, a user using this feature from a long time and suddenly shifting to 8 that don’t have a classic start menu is difficult. since Microsoft introduced metro user interface in 8 end-user may getting trouble to do many tasks like open run, and recently installed software many more that was easily accessible using the start menu. So solve this problem many third-party developers tried to add a missing feature by making software and Stardock has developed Windows 8 classic start menu which is similar to Windows 7.
Download Start8 and install in your computer. Now you can see the start menu in Win 8 and you can customize according to your choice.
You can disable Win 8 hotspots and change start menu icon according to your choice. To disable Hotspots right click on start menu icon and click option Disable Win 8 Desktop Hotspots.
Features of Start8 Beta
- Win 7 style Start menu with Win 8 enhancements
- Users can search for Win8-style (Metro) apps with it
- Users can pin desktop and Metro appsFull support for Jump Lists
- Unified Search
- Users can boot directly to the Win 8 desktop
- Fast access to shut down, devices, music, documents, videos
- Automatically matches color to the color of the taskbar
- Start button is now skinnableOptionally disable the desktop “hot spots”
- Supports WindowFX 5.1 start menu animations “currently in beta”
- The Windows 8 Start screen becomes accessible from the Start menu
- Start menu size fully configurable
- Adds option for WinKey to show fullscreen Metro desktop
Conclusion of Windows 8 classic Start Menu
This is a simple tool which allows you to change the Windows 8’s Metro start menu with Classic windows start menu. It is a very simple app that can help you. So, If you do not want to use metro UI then just Install this small app and it will do the work for. The features of these tools are also awesome, It allows you to use the features and apps of Metro menu with the classic start menu. So, you will not lose any feature of the new Windows 8 metro start menu.
If this software is not working for you then try any other tool but it is the best. Comment here if liked the post or facing any issue during installation or any other step