Some days ago, Google officially announced that now you can run android apps on Chrome OS. Google introduced App Runtime for Chrome (ARC) to run android apps in Chrome OS. But the apps that can run in Chrome OS were limited. Vladikoff a developer created ARChon Custom Runtime to run android apps on the Chrome browser. He not only made ARC for Windows, OS X, and Linux but also removed the limitation of the apps.
ARChon Custom Runtime is a pack which you can install in your chrome as an extension from developer mode. There is a different type of packaging required to use android apps in the Chrome browser, You just can use not an APK file. It is not tough to create a Chrome ready package, but sometimes apps do not work even if you have packaged them properly. This will help you to run android apps on chrome
I tried 3 methods to make a Chrome Ready Package. First by using CMD in Windows and the Second method with a chrome app named as Twerk. The third method is using an android app to make chrome ready packages. The best method for me was to use the android app. In this way you can run android apps on chrome.
Follow the Bellow Steps To Install ARChon Custom Runtime on your Chrome browser.
- Download ARChon from here. Choose the version of chrome properly is it 64bit or 32bit. Click on the navigation button in chrome and click on “About Google Chrome” to know about your chrome version.
Unzip The file.
Open extension settings in chrome. Chrome by going to Menu > More Tools > Extensions
- Enable Developer mode on top corner, If you have not enabled it.
- Click on “Load unpacked extension.”
- Choose ARCHON which you unzipped before.
Now ARChon is running in your chrome browser as an extension, which will help you to run android apps. You can see some warning. These warnings are normal, so don’t care about them.
3 Ways to Run Android Apps on Chrome.
1. Download Existing Chrome Ready Apps.
2. Make Your own Chrome Ready Package with Twerk.
Follow the Bellow Steps to use Twerk.
- Go to this link and install twerk on your Chrome browser.
- Once you have installed, drop the APK file in this tool. APK files on the internet are hacked to add malware. Use this tool to get an APK file directly from Play store.
- After dropping Apk file. You have to fill the name and package name of the app. The package name is very important if you have written a wrong package name, then the app will definitely not work. If you have a downloaded app directly from Play store, then you don’t need to fill the package name.