If you want to distribute file and images on your website or in the forum but don’t have a way to Host you files. You can easily Host your Files and Images on Google Drive. It provides a Public URL so that you can easily give to some on or use in your website for Direct Download to your Users. If your blog is Blogger powered, then it is a very common issue because Blogger won’t provide File Hosting. So if you want to Host files for your Blog visitor then you have to use online storage and then provide a link to your Users.
Besides Of above reasons, there may be many reasons for you to use Google drive as a Hosting. This post will tell you how to effectively host images on Google drive. You can follow this article for hosting other files also on Google Drive.
Not only you can have this feature on Google Drive, similar feature is also available on Popular online storage service like Dropbox even Skydrive (Onedrive) provide embed code to embed images on Skydrive to your Blog and website.
Follow Below Instruction to Host Images On Google Drive and To get Public Link Of Them.
- Go To Google Drive and Login to your Account.
- Create Folder in your Google Drive account ( this is necessary step so don’t skip it). It will help you to organize all your uploads, but it is not necessary you can leave this step if you want.
- Then configure change sharing setting for new Folder to “Public on Web”. To share Folder to Public, Right Click on Folder and then Go to Share and then Click on Share option. This is important step for hosting files on Google Drive.
- After that click Change Link, it will prompt new Window.
- After above step select Public On the Web option and then click Save Button.
- Now Upload anything that you want to share on Public in this Folder and Right Click over any file you have uploaded in this folder and Click Details and activity option.
- It will open Right Panel that contain all detail about file and scroll to the bottom of the panel, it contain public URL for selected file.