BBM is currently cross platform previously only available for Blackberry phones. BBM is known for security and features for professional person. BBM is very much similar to WhatsApp, you can transfer files over BBM use Gif image profile image many features that is way similar to most famous WhatsApp. This post is about how to activate BBM for tablet.
But BBM comes with the limitation like it only works on devices having Android 4.0 or Higher and it only supported by Phones, you can not use it in your Tablet.
When you search BBM app into Play store, It will show you notification “This app is incompatible with your device.” That means you can’t install Blackberry messenger tablet.
To install BBM into your Tablet (Nexus7 and 10) you need to sideload an app. I have sideloaded and tested app onto my Nexus 7 WiFi only which is Incompatible with it, and it worked without any issue.
What is side load an App on Android Tablets?
To enable installation of non-market app Go to Setting>Security and check option Unknown sources option.
- Go to APK Downloader service (it make easy download APK files from Google play store), Enter the Google Play store URL of the BBM app.Click Generate Download Link button.
- Wait for some time it will generate Download Link. Then give you Button for Downloading apk file of your app.
- Click on new Download button and after downloading app transfer APK file for Tablet.
- After transfer APK, Browse APK file in your Device and tap APK file to start the installation. Follow on screen instruction to complete installation of BBM for tablet.
- After installation, Open from BBM icon on the Home screen and create a new account on BBM and login into your account. enjoy using BBM for your Tablet.